Saturday, March 31, 2012

Avocado Deviled Eggs

Hi again!

I made these first for a CrossFit RTP community cook-out and they were a hit.  Remember, notes and details are now at the end of the post, AFTER the recipe.  I want to mention that this recipe is my version of the one posted by Caveman Gourmet.  My permutation:

Avocado Deviled Eggs

Ingredients

12 eggs
2 avocados
2 garlic cloves, crushed and shopped fine
1 Tbs olive oil
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tsp lemon juice
1 Tbs spicy brown mustard
sea salt, fresh ground pepper, and horseradish to taste

Directions

Hard boil the eggs* (see notes below for additional detail), peel and slice lengthwise.  Reserve 6 out of the 12 yolks to add to the avocado.  Mush up the yolks and avocado together with the remaining ingredients and mix until creamy.

Spoon the mixture into the yolk pocket of each egg half.  Sprinkle with more paprika and enjoy!

Notes and Details

Yes, I will admit it, I had to look up how to boil an egg on the internet.  I'm not afraid to say it, I have narcolepsy and it just became easier over the years for my husband to do all the cooking and so I am WAY out of practice.  Especially on the weekdays, when I would be so sleepy that it would take me hours to do something simple; if I even made it to the kitchen awake at all after work.

Here is how to perfectly hard boil an egg: Perfectly Cooked, Easy-to-Peel, Hard Boiled Eggs

I hope you like these!!

No comments:

Post a Comment