Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Just Getting on the Wagon

Greetings!

I've never blogged before, never really had a diary as a kid neither.  But I just started getting into something recently that has been changing my life tremendously and it really should be documented (even if my mother is my only reader!).  I hope that some of what I post here might be useful to others as well and not just a reference for myself (and my mother).

First of all, let me introduce myself.  I am a narcoleptic basketcase.  I am a 30-something married female scientist.  Typically, before my big "transformation" I would say that I was only able to live about 50% of my life (and most of that was at work, when my narcolepsy medication was effective).

This big "transformation"?  Well, it's not an overnight thing, but my introduction to CrossFit and the CrossFit community has changed my life.  I will save most of the details on how I was before and how I am now for my "About Me" section (if I even have one of those; again, never really had any blog experience, reading or writing).  But, in short, that lead to my current adventure with "Paleo" eating and the "Paleo Lifestyle."

I am currently on Day 11 (as of March 28, 2012) of the Whole30 program and it is NOT EASY!  The purpose of this blog is to catelogue the recipes, experiements, and resources that I have found helpful to living a better, more healthy and enjoyable, life.

Please feel free to ask me questions about anything.  I am just starting on this new chapter and I am in NO WAY an expert.  But if relating what I learned from my experiments thus far could help someone else in a similar situation hoping to achieve a similar goal, then this is all worth it.

Good luck to you all and happy living!!

No comments:

Post a Comment